FormLogix form builder has just come out with a great new feature called Private Forum.
This option enables a form owner and his form fillers to communicate using a special messaging system. Up till now a form filler could fill the email form and the form owner could reply via email. Now the messages (form filler and form owner) are all recorded in the private forum and the form owner can view the entire discussion which is displayed in a tree structure. In addition the form filler replies with a special form and not via regular email.
Steps to use the Private Forum option:
1) Enter your data management report.
2) Open the “tools” sub-menu and choose the “private forum” option.
3) The private forum window will open (inside the grid or as a pop up window, depending on what you define). Please notice that if you haven’t replied to this user the discussion tree on the left will be empty.
4) Enter your reply message using the form located on the right part of this window. An email containing your reply will then be sent to the form filler, allowing him/her to send you a counter message.
5) An alert will appear once the reply is submitted (saying that the discussion was saved in the tree and that the email was sent to the user).
6) The discussion will be recorded in the tree structure on the left and you will be able to select each message title appearing in the tree above and view its detail below.
7) The email sent to the form filler will contain your reply message and a link by which he/she could send you a counter message. When the user Presses on the link a reply form will open (see an image of a user reply form below).
8.) All messages will be displayed in a tree structure on the left side of the “private forum” window.
Each time you select a branch from the discussion tree (node) you will be able to see when this message was entered, by whom and what what the message content is.